Ports of the Future in a New Ecosystem
Port Technology is able to offer, for a limited amount of time, all its papers from the most popular and latest edition of its journal ‘Linking the Supply Chain’ as free to access until July 25, 2018.
Technological advancements are multiplying human development by factors never before imagined, which means it is imperative that supply chain data is digitized to ensure a smart ecosystem that fosters an end-to-end flow of information for the port of the future.
Many experts believe that smart ports will be central to ensuring that the logistics industry’s key players are all involved in moving freight from point A to B, from one side of the globe to the other.
One of the leading insights from the journal is a technical paper by World Economic Forum expert Wolfgang Lehmacher, who has provided PTI’s audience with an idea of how a chain of interacting actors will link logistics in ‘Ports for Tomorrow: Smart Links in Intelligent Supply Chains’.
Lehmacher's knowledge has helped build the intellectual groundwork for the Smart Ports & Supply Chain Technologies conference.
Other edition 78 technical papers which mirror the theme of the conference include ‘DP World: Linking the Supply Chain’ by Rashid Abdullah, CEO, Europe and Russia, DP World (pictured above); ‘Digital Transformation: Are Start-Ups the New Leaders?’ Mare Straetmans, PortXL; and ‘Blockchain for Maritime: Securing the Cyber Environment’ by Darko Djuric, CargoX.
Edition 78 technical papers:
- A Renaissance Port: Moving America’s Energy - Sean Strawbridge, Port of Corpus Christi Authority
- Arctic Container Shipping: The Risks of Heavy Fuel Oil - Dr. Bryan Comer, International Council on Clean Transportation
- Autonomous Ships: Nautical Traffic in Ports - Xavier Bellsolà Olba and Yang Zhou, Delft University of Technology
- Blockchain for Maritime: Securing the Cyber Environment - Darko Djuric, CargoX
- Crane & Operator Health & Safety - Port Equipment Manufacturers Association
- Cybersecurity and the Intelligent Supply Chain - Captain Andrew Tucci, US Coast Guard
- DP World: Linking the Supply Chain - Rashid Abdullah, DP World
- Digital Disruption in Australia and the Global and Logistic Industry - Michael Bouari, CEO, 1-Stop Connections
- Digital Transformation: Are Start-Ups the New Leaders? - Mare Straetmans, PortXL
- End-to-End Planning Processes - Dr. Oscar Pernia Fernandez, XVELA
- Energy Peak Shavings for Ship-to-Shore Cranes - Prof. Harry Geerlings, Erasmus University Rotterdam; Prof. Ron van Duin, Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences; and Robert Heij, Delft University of Technology
- Expanding Perspectives: From Port Focus to Supply Chain Focus - Kuenz
- Humans and Technology: Understanding the Sceptical User - Dr. Eva Savelsberg, and Matthew Wittemeier, INFORM
- Integrating Smart Ports and Supply Chains: Through the Prism of Singapore - Dr. Wei Yim Yap, Singapore University of Social Sciences, Singapore; and Dr. Jasmine Siu Lee Lam, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Maersk: Next-Gen Efficiency in Reefer Operations - Søren Leth Johannsen, Maersk Container Industry
- Optimizing Berth Schedules: It’s Time to go Green - Maxim A. Dulebenets, Florida A&M University-Florida State University
- Port Automation: A Paradox for the Shipping Industry - Prof. Jean-Paul Rodrigue, Hofstra University
- Ports for Tomorrow: Smart Links in Supply Chains - Wolfgang Lehmacher, World Economic Forum
- Q&A: David Moosbrugger, Kuenz - David Moosbrugger, Kuenz
- Samalaju Industrial Park: Using Renewable Energy to Handle Bulk - Daniel Mahr, P.E., Energy Associates
- Terminal Automation Platforms: Open Interfaces - Timo Lehto, Jari Hamalainen, Heimo Poutanen, Kalmar
- The Automated Empty Container Depot: A World First for Rotterdam - Joost Achterkamp, Solid Port Solutions
- The IMO Greenhouse Gas Strategy: An Update - Simon Bennett, International Chamber of Shipping
- The Intelligent Supply Chain: From Vision to Reality - Dr. Leonard Heilig and Dr. Stefan Voß, University of Hamburg
- The Next Generation: The Vision of PSA - Ong Kim Pong, PSA International
- The Sea-Freight Automation Framework (SAF) - Alex Goussiatiner, Independent Port Consultant
- The Value of Maritime Simulators: A Much Needed New Approach - Erik Hietbrink MSc, Simwave
- Virtual Queuing: A Game-Changer for DP World Antwerp - Alex Bäcker, QLess