Seaspan has announced the acquisition of a 2010-built 9600 TEU containership and entered into a fixed rate time charter agreement for the vessel with Japanese carrier Ocean Network Express (ONE).
According to a statement, the time charter will be for a term of three years with an option for up to an additional four months.
Seaspan expects to take delivery of the vessel by the end of April 2020.
The purchase is the company’s first announcement since it opened in May this year a fresh USD 1 billion portfolio funding program.
KVH broadband installed throughout Seaspan fleet
Vessels managed by shipping operator Seaspan have switched to a comprehensive suite of broadband internet communications supplied by KVH Industries
The TracPhone V7-HTS system, which has been installed on the majority of Seaspan’s vessels, features a dual-data configuration which provides both high-speed and unlimited-use data channels.
According to KVH, the unlimited-use data channel was a key contributing factor in Seaspan’s decision to use the TracPhone V7-HTS, as it allows ships to have both operational and crew internet served from a single system.
- Hyster partners with PortxGroup for Pacific Islands service
- Port Houston targeted by suspected nation-state actor in cyber-attack
- Aqaba Container Terminal receives new equipment
- Ports Australia calls for greater planning from government following outbreaks at container terminals
- Adani Ports takes control of Gangavaram Port