Atlas Elektronik Group are a service provider of maritime and naval solutions above and below the ocean surface. The company is a leader in all fields of maritime advanced technology, from survey echosounders to heavyweight torpedoes, coastal protection systems to minehunting sonars, and from command & control systems
including radio & communication systems for submarines, surface combatants and mine warfare systems to in-service support. Atlas is now a joint company of ThyssenKrupp and EADS.
Vessel traffic management systems
With well over 100 Vessel Traffic Systems (VTS) operational world-wide, the company has also established a significant position in VTS for the automated control and monitoring of shipping within sea lanes, ports and harbours and their approach areas. Atlas Elektronik’s modern vessel traffic management systems are ideal for controlling outer maritime borders (CSS – Coastal Surveillance Systems), protecting the EEZ (exclusive economic zone) and last but not least, tasks involved in warding off danger. The VTS/CSS operators’ work can be greatly facilitated if it is supplemented by a Management and Information System (MIS) for analysing and planning purposes.
Functions and abilities
Atlas Elektronik VTS offers many advantages:
• Maritime traffic detection, monitoring and pilotage
• Traffic scheduling, management and reporting
• Harbour operations planning, management and control
• Avoid ship collisions and support search and rescue operations
• Prevent oil spills caused by illegal or accidental oil disposal
• Monitor fishing operations
• Detect illegal intruders and observe transit traffic in territorial waters
• Traffic safety by means of VTS for safeguarding environment
• Gapless monitoring and control of shipping traffic in all sensitive
areas, territorial waters and across national borders
• Extended vessel id using own or imported ship data bases
• Cargo & passenger information, Hazardous goods (IMDG) coding
• Weather and seaway information and reporting
• Planning of human resources, e.g. VTS staff, pilots, launches‘ staff)
• Accounting (billing), Reporting, Accident statistics.
Atlas Hydrographic is a hydrographic and oceanographic systems company with products and solutions for application in ports and waterways survey, hydrographic survey for charting and in naval warfare, as well as offshore and marine research. Atlas Hydrographic product specialisation is in the design, development and manufacture of state-of-the-art surveying sonars.
Products range from singlebeam survey echosounders (DESO 30, 300, 35, 350, 350M) and shallow/medium water multibeam echosounders (FANSWEEP 20-200, 20-100) up to full ocean depth multibeam (HYDROSWEEP MD-50, MD-30, DS) and sub-bottom profiling systems (PARASOUND P35, P70). These can be delivered as discrete products or as part of a complete solution. Atlas Hydrographic are an ISO9001:2000 accredited company with international markets in more than 50 countries
around the world.
For more than 100 years echosounder solutions by AtlasHydrographic have stood for:
• High reliability and accuracy
• Open and modular system architecture
• Complete systems solution with high degree of integration
• Integrated sub-bottom and water column profiler
• German technologies
• Export licenses approved.