Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) has confirmed the arrival of former Maersk executive Soren Toft as its new CEO.
Port Technology International reported on November 15 that Toft was rumoured to be joining MSC after his sudden departure from Maersk earlier in the month.
MSC, the second biggest container shipping line in the world, has now confirmed the appointment. In a statement, it said was confident Toft will “bring significant value to its cargo businesses, building on the company’s existing strengths and boosting its development plans even further.”
Toft has worked at Maersk for 25 years and became its Chief Operating Officer (COO) in 2014. In his new role he will report directly to Diego Aponte, Group President, and Gianluigi Aponte, MSC founder and Group Chairman.
His official start date has not yet been revealed by MSC said it will be in due course.
- Chain Port Interview Series: International Association of Ports and Harbors (video)
- British ports urge more action in efforts to stop coronavirus
- Coastal GasLink protests could cripple Canada’s ports
- Port of Savannah expands mobile harbour crane fleet
- Chain Port Interview Series: Port of Montreal part one