Yilport acquires Swedish container terminal

Twitter
Facebook
LinkedIn
Email

Turkish terminal operator Yilport has announced the acquisition of Sweden’s Gävle Container Terminal (GCT).

Yilport now owns 80 percent of the facility, with the remaining 20 percent of the shares in the company controlled by the Gävle Municipality.

In a statement, GCT said that “this new ownership structure means that the recent uncertainty regarding the ownership of the company is over.”

“We can now move full steam ahead on the expansion of Gävle’s container capacity and the establishment of the Stockholm Nord Combi Terminal in Rosersberg, which is scheduled in to open in autumn 2015.”

“Stockholm Nord will further strengthen our potential for future growth,” said GCT.

GCT commenced operation in 2006 and has purpose-built equipment to manage all types of load carriers, for example, containers, trailers and flatbeds.

GCT is located in Sweden’s most dynamic production region. Communication links are exceptional, with the E4 and E16 motorways to the south, north and west. Gävle is also a railway hub, where key lines merge. The railway connection to GCT and Gävle port is to become more effective. Work on a broader and deeper approach fairway commenced in autumn 2012 and is scheduled for completion at the end of 2014.

“Combined with a new wider and deeper entrance fairway, the additional space and added berths at the terminal are creating attractive future prospects,” say GCT.
 

Daily Email Newsletter

Sign up to our daily email newsletter to receive the latest news from Port Technology International.
FREE

Supplier Directory

Find out how to get listed

Webinar Series

Find out how to attend

Latest Stories

Cookie Policy. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.