Watch: Somalia’s Mogadishu Port Project


A video released by the Port of Mogadishu shows the efforts which are being made by the Albayrak Group in modernising its container port in Somalia.

A 20-year-long period of management rights have been handed to Albayrak, where it will renew power supplies and surrounding structures for the ports development, in exchange for 45% of the port’s revenue. The remaining 55% will go to the Somali government.

The group has pledged to provide sheltering, loading, discharge, shifting and terminal services in order to bring the port up to international standards.

(Source: Port of Mogadishu / YouTube))

Daily Email Newsletter

Sign up to our daily email newsletter to receive the latest news from Port Technology International.

Supplier Directory

Find out how to get listed

Webinar Series

Find out how to attend

Latest Stories

Cookie Policy. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.