Sale of Hanjin’s Long Beach Terminal to MSC?


Hanjin Shipping and MSC are in talks to transfer the jointly-owned Total Terminal International LLC, which operates the Long Beach Terminal, to the full ownership of MSC, reported Reuters.

The Seoul court overseeing the receivership of Hanjin has appointed a third-party adviser to oversee the talks between the two shipping giants.

Hanjin currently owns a majority 54% stake in Total Terminal International, with MSC owning the remaining 46%.

News of the potential sales comes after Hyundai Merchant Marine also announced it was considering bidding for the US-Asia assets of Hanjin.

Each sale is aimed at recovering some of the $5.4 billion debt Hanjin owed to its creditors at the time of filing for receivership on August, 31, 2016.

Daily Email Newsletter

Sign up to our daily email newsletter to receive the latest news from Port Technology International.

Supplier Directory

Find out how to get listed

Webinar Series

Find out how to attend

Latest Stories

Cookie Policy. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.