In the run-up to the inaugural Smart Ports & Supply Chain Technologies (#SPSC18) Conference, Port Technology is pleased to present its second e-Book marking the event – 'Blockchain in Supply Chains'.
By publishing a series of e-Books, each with cutting-edge insight, Port Technology is aiming to provide a solid conceptual framework within which discussions can blossom during the actual event held in Rotterdam from 2-3, October 2018.
The Blockchain in Supply Chains e-Book features content from some of the top names in the supply chain, including:
- Wolfgang Lehmacher, World Economic Forum, Geneva, Switzerland
- Matt Kuperholz, Partner and Chief Data Scientist, PwC Australia, Australia, Melbourne
- Darko Djuric, Blockchain Business Integration Advisor, CargoX, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Dean Croke, Chief Analytics Officer, FreightWaves and Blockchain in Transport Alliance, Tennessee, USA
- Deanna MacDonald and Katherine Foster, Blockchain Labs for Open Collaboration, Washington DC, USA
See a definitive list of speakers confirmed thus far.
PTI Editor Laurence Doe said: “With the advent of A.P.Moller-Maersk and IBM’s TradeLens blockchain solution entering the global supply chain, it’s now evidently clear to every logistics professional that the digital ledger’s baby steps into the industry are becoming great strides.
“However, as is often the case with all emerging technologies, I suspect that even after reading these technical papers, many of you will still cautiously question the credibility of blokchain.
“Even if you are not convinced, I hope this e-book, along with the supply chain focus of ‘The Path to Intelligence’, will develop your understanding of blockchain and generate questions for the conference.
“The ‘Blockchain and Data Sharing: Capitalising on the Blockchain Opportunity’ session at the upcoming conference ticks all the boxes for me, and I’ve featured a wonderfully insightful CargoX technical paper to provide you with a taste of what Igor Jakomin, the company's COO, has in store as a speaker.”