PTI Edition 76: Cyber Risk & Security
PTI has released its new edition of the journal, The Cyber Risk & Security Issue, in which the authors of over 30 technical papers will help you understand how to address the growing call for improved cybersecurity.
Threats are forming as more digitization takes place at ports to meet efficiency targets.
Innovative systems for integrating operations between ports, shipping companies, and logistics providers are not only allowing cargo to move faster, but are also creating more backdoors for hackers.
It is important to address this issue by creating and continuously updating standards, sharing data on how to create better cybersecurity and investing in IT systems and teams, so that pulling the plug on ransomware-infected computers is a last resort.
The technical papers in this journal will serve as a guide to securing your port or terminal’s systems.
Contributors to the issue include Cisco Systems, an American multinational technology conglomerate; Hill Dickinson, a British international commercial law firm; Babbler, a company pioneering a new low-cost, digital seal developed for shipping containers; BPD Zenith, an asset management solution specialist; and INTTRA, the largest neutral electronic transaction platform, software and information provider at the center of the ocean shipping industry.
- Able Seaton Port’s Development of a Heavy Duty Quay for Offshore De-commissioning
- Aerodynamic Girders for RMGs
- Automated Stacking Cranes In Port Terminals
- Better Cybersecurity for Port Community Systems
- Chinese Seaport Governance: Reform and the Influence of Broader Policies
- Dust Mitigation for Bulk Cargo Using Atomized Mist Technology
- Evolving Cybersecurity: How Ocean Container Shipping Can Prepare
- Freight Rates: Where is the Container Industry Headed?
- GPS Tracking: A Smart Way to Track and Trace Goods
- Grain Handling Systems in Port to Meet Future Food Demands
- How to Reduce Opex Costs for RTG Terminals
- IOT for Spare Parts Tracking and Security in Ports
- Industry Impacts of Australian Port Privatization
- Machine Learning in Container Terminals
- Open Interfaces: Standardizing Terminal Automation
- Performance Improvement in Yard Lighting: A New Approach
- Port Simulation Determining Waterway Expansion Project Timing
- Q&A with Benjamin Lai of DaChan Bay Terminals
- Safeguarding the EU’s Sea Area With Frontex Border Staff Training
- Safer, Faster and Cheaper Port Stays: The Sea Traffic Management Validation Project
- Satellite Services Benefits for Ports and Shipping
- Shutting The Stable Door After The Cyber Horse Has Bolted
- Slops Refining: A Sustainable Solution for Ports
- Smartlog: Piloting Blockchain for Logistics
- Tecnoport2025: Building the IOT-Connected Future in the Port of Seville
- The Certainty of Berth Uncertainty
- Using Full-Mission Ship Simulation For Ultra Large Container Vessel Feasibility Studies
- Using IOT to Combat Smuggling and Theft in Containerized Transport
- Using Intelligent TOS Plug-ins to Increase Terminal Performance
- Using Secure IOT for Efficient Smart Port Operations
- Vertical Container Warehouses: A Solution for Future Container Ports?