Pioneering technology specialists ABB have released a video wishing season’s greetings.
ABB’s innovation and technological expertise are a vital component in enabling trade around the world, as has been demonstrated this year.
In March 2018, in an interview with Port Technology International, Senior Vice-President of ABB’s Ports Unit, Uno Bryfors predicted that 2018 would be the year of “mega” containers and alliances, and that big investment would be needed throughout the supply chain to meet demand.
Following on from that, in the same month, ABB demonstrated the first remotely operated super quay cranes with a 360-degree video tour of the Maasvlaktell II container terminal in The Netherlands.
Bjorn Henriksson, ABB, discusses how to resolve the yard challenge in a Port Technology technical paper
It also gave a peek at the fully automatic stacking cranes and showed them taking care of yard operations.
Thanks to ABB’s innovations, the terminal is able to serve the largest container ships in the world and answer the call to make trade and logistics easier and more efficient.
Here are a few examples of some of the other great breakthroughs, collaborations, insights and innovations ABB have made in 2018:
- Watch: ABB’s Eye on the Industry: Mega-Age Container Terminals
- Watch: ABB releases Virtual 360 Video Tour of Maasvlakte II
- Watch: ABB’s Eye on Automation for Container Handling
- Watch: ABB Launches #RemoteCraneOperator Stories: Part One, Part Two and Part Three
- Watch: ABB Presents a New Dawn Robotics
- Watch: ABB Partners on Cutting Edge Fuel Technology
- ABB Turbochargers to Optimise Ships
- ABB Collaborates on Sensor Technology
- Port of Rotterdam Utilizes ABB’s 5G Expertise
- ABB Inaugurates China Innovation Hub
- ABB, Kalmar and Nokia Trial 5G Applications
- ABB Opens New China Hub
- Watch: ABB’s Automatic Stacking Cranes Working in Parallel with RTGs in Panama
- ABB Takes Part in Tianjin Terminal Upgrade