PTI Launches Smart Ports Conference
Port Technology (PTI) is proud to announce the launch of its inaugural Smart Ports & Supply Chain Technologies Conference which is to be held in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, from 2-3 October, 2018.
Following on from PTI’s highly successful Container Terminal Automation (CTAC) conferences, this latest offering takes a much broader, daring and dynamic scope, as the event gathers key smart ports, financial experts, freight forwarders, tech giants and shippers, with the aim of uniting them in one holistic conversation on the eponymous ‘smart’ port and supply chain technologies.
PTI Managing Director James AA Khan said: “This event has been part of our collective strategy and we’ve been waiting for the right time to strike and bring this to the industry.
“I’ve had so many conversations and seen so many developments that have been begging for a unifying event bringing the key players along the wider supply chain to the table.
“With advancements in technology, that time is now. This is the age of science and technology.
"The pace at which this is advancing is incomprehensible for the average person.
"This is why we’re bringing some of the best minds in, and outside of, the industry to show us where the cost benefit advantages lie in investing today.”
The Smart Ports & Supply Chain Technologies Conference will tackle issues in connecting the world's supply chains
Read the landmark paper from Wolfgang Lehmacher of the World Economic Forum — Ports for Tomorrow: Smart Links in Supply Chains
The twelve sessions over two packed days include:
- 'Smart' Port Vision: The Rotterdam Story
- Port Digitisation: Technologies for Smarter Operations Integration
- The Smart Supply Chain: Total End-to-End Data Sharing Solutions
- Collaboration and Standardisation: Global Processes Implementation for Smart Exception Management
- Blockchain and Data Sharing: Capitalising on the Blockchain Opportunity
- Smart Global Trading: Profiling Leading Future Performance Models
- Smarter Port Terminals: Integrating the Global Trade Supply Chain
- Terminal KPIs: Maximising Productivity
- Smart Terminal Solutions: Transforming Terminals into Intelligent Network Nodes
- Prioritising the End User: Total E2E Intermodal Planning Processes
- Evolving Business Models: Transformation Solutions
- Which Future Business Model for Success?: Unveiling the Challenges in an E2E Supply-Chain Driven Market
A series of conference e-books are also in the pipeline for publication.
Audience members at this year's CTAC2018
PTI Consulting Editor Richard Joy said: “We’re delighted to announce our new Smart Ports & Supply Chain Technologies event and I hope the e-books aid our audience in getting some key insight into the conceptual framework for the conference.
“As the conference title suggests, we want to further the conversation beyond ports to their interconnecting supply chains, cutting-edge technologies and global landscape of trade enablers, and then take that conversation back to the ‘smart’ port once more.
“It is a genuinely exciting time to be in this industry, as well as to be a human being in this day and age.
"We sit on the precipice of epochal change, whether such change comes very soon or in a number of years, technology has the capability to drastically reimagine our very civilizations."
If you would like to be part of a distinguished list of speakers, or would like to publish a paper for the next edition, please contact Conference Production Manager Anne-Fabienne Raven.