Navis has released N4 3.3, the latest version of its flagship terminal software, offering a broad set of new features and enhancements to make it easier to administer and maintain N4 and achieve greater operational efficiency.
The software capabilities include rapid feedback loops as part of the development cycle and frequent quality and delivery checkpoints built into processes.
Navis has also reduced its release cycle to four months in order to be more responsive to growing industry challenges and market needs.
Dr. Oscar Pernia, Vice President, Operational Innovation at Navis, will be speaking about N4 at PTI's Terminal Automation & Training C-Level Networking Conference taking place 19 – 20th April 2017 in London.
New features and enhancements in N4 3.3:
- Enhanced Application Performance including core performance improvements in XPS. The method XPS uses to find containers has been refactored to significantly decrease the time required to find a container to update or delete. This improvement will be most noticeable in sites where XPS has over 100,000 containers in the cache, but will benefit all sites. Additional improvements allow users to influence N4 message processing by systemically distributing message processing across different nodes.
- Decking History Insights provide users with better insights into system decisions to fine tune parameters and increase yard utilization. The Decking History view reflects all decking work instructions that have been dispatched.
- Rail Operations Support for terminals using wide span gantry cranes that are serviced by straddle carriers and empty handlers.
- Block Impact Minimizer to optimize the loading of empty containers to the vessel by swapping empties from different yard blocks. This ensures the empty workload is distributed across the various blocks, minimizing transfer zone congestion and decreasing unproductive container moves, resulting in higher yard and quay-side productivity.
- N4 System Administration and Maintenance Improvements to help IT teams administer, maintain and support N4 systems.
Scott Holland, VP of Product Management at Navis, said: “As the industry continues to evolve, with carriers adding larger vessels to their fleets and shippers demanding greater predictability and real-time insight into their cargo, it is critical that our customers are able to provide the most efficient terminal operations possible.”
“Through implementing the agile methodology, we were able to further build on the capabilities and services we offer, and the release of N4 3.3 is the next step in delivering our clients the most innovative terminal software to address current and future industry needs.”
Watch how Navis N4 performs at DP World's London Gateway:
Navis recently opened up online voting for the Inspire Awards, sponsored by Port Technology International (PTI), to celebrate ocean supply chain achievements and Navis customers driving change in the industry.