Marmedsa Noatum Maritime and SLP form strategic partnership in the Port of Bilbao

 08 Nov 2011 11.25am

  • SLP acquires 50% of the social capital of Argemasa

  • Marmedsa Noatum Maritime enters the social capital of SLP, bulk terminal of the Port of Bilbao, with 24% of shares

Marmedsa Noatum Maritime and SLP have come up to a double agreement that will strengthen both companies’ positions as stakeholders in the Port of Bilbao.

As part of the strategic partnership, SLP will acquire 50% of the social capital of Agemasa, general cargo stevedore company of Port of Bilbao.

At the same time, Marmedsa Noatum Maritime will acquire 24% of the shares in the social capital of SLP, bulk terminal of the Port of Bilbao, whose main shareholder is ALGEPOSA Group.

SLP owns 20% of social capital of Noatum Container Terminal Bilbao (formerly Abra Terminales Marítimas), while the remaining 80% belongs to Noatum.

“Today more than ever it’s necessary to take efforts towards creating new paths of growth, and with that aim we have bet for this alliance, that will allow us to become stronger. We will take advantage of our main skills, as well as our solid experience and strong knowledge of the sector,” said Mª Luisa Guibert, President of SLP.

Antonio Campoy, President of Marmedsa Noatum Maritime, said: “This agreement with SLP will allow us to generate more competitive dynamics in the Port of Bilbao, and at the same time generate new synergies between both companies. We will work together with the Port Authority, which has become a key support for us, in order to generate new business opportunities.”

Douglas Schultz, Noatum's CEO, added “This agreement reflects the company’s will to create strategic alliances, with the goal of creating new business structures better adapted to the current economic situation and more qualified to face future challenges.”

Noatum Ports S.L.U. and Noatum Maritime Holdings S.L.U. are, respectively, the largest maritime terminal operator in Spain and the leader in port services in the Spanish market through Marmedsa Noatum Maritime.

  Container Handling, Port Planning, Ports