Major European Port Opens Design Bidding Process

Genoa Port Tender

The Genoa Savona Port Authority has opened bidding for the executive design and construction of the first phase works of the new breakwater of the port of Vado Ligure.

The tender will start at approximately USD $80 million and will be “unique”, according to the port authority, for its consideration and the process.

In a statement, the port authority said it will include both design and works and will ultimately be decided by an online procedure with the bids being judged on a range of factors.

85% of a bid’s score will be based on what the port authority calls ‘qualitative elements’ and the other 15% based on the economic advantage offered.

The tender includes a $690,000 for the design and just over $1 million for security charges. 

The winning project will have a 6-month deadline for the “realization of the executive project” and 36 months of construction from the date of delivery of the works.

The port authority plans to dismantle about 400 meters of the current pier and to re-use the 13 boxes removed in the new dam, in addition to laying two boxes from scratch. 

In the final configuration, the first phase breakwater will be extended towards the sea for another 240 meters. 

Bids can be submitted until 12.00 on Wednesday 30 October. The first session of the competition, with the opening of the telematic envelopes, will follow with a swing drum: 2 pm on the same day at the Authority’s headquarters.

Daily Email Newsletter

Sign up to our daily email newsletter to receive the latest news from Port Technology International.

Supplier Directory

Find out how to get listed

Webinar Series

Find out how to attend

Latest Stories

Cookie Policy. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.