Liftech Consultants Inc. and McKay International Engineers have announced the merger of the engineering and project management companies in the maritime and material handling sectors.
After 52 years of working closely together on hundreds of projects, McKay and Liftech have formally merged companies to serve clients’ structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering needs.
The single entity, Liftech Consultants Inc, will be based in Oakland, California.
The merger allows the companies to better serve clients by drawing from an integrated multi-disciplinary engineering team with unified management and administrative support.
Clients will benefit from a single-firm solution for communication and coordination between multiple disciplines.
The combined Liftech team can efficiently and professionally meet clients’ needs for project planning and needs assessment, technical specifications, bid and technical proposal evaluations, conceptual and detailed designs, design review, manufacturing review and oversight, factory commissioning and site testing assistance, owner’s acceptance, warranty support, condition assessments, repairs and modifications, maintenance, appraisals, failure investigation and analysis, and expert witness services for:
- Wharf and terminal infrastructure including structures and power utilities
- Ship-to-shore container crane structures, machinery, power systems, and controls
- Container terminal equipment including RTGs, RMGs, ASCs, IYCs, MHCs, and transporters
- Bulk handling equipment such as stackers, reclaimers, ship loaders, ship unloaders, transfer systems
- Floating cranes, revolving cranes, shipyard cranes, and specialty construction cranes
- Automated terminal machinery
- Specialty structures and machines, for example, heavy lift and shoring systems, floating facilities
With the addition of Liftech Shanghai Limited in 2014 as a subsidiary incorporated in China, the company will also provide a presence in Shanghai for projects throughout Asia.