Liebherr, experts in crane technology, has handed over its 100th mobile harbour crane, a new LHM 600, to the Spanish stevedore company Maritima Del Principado in Gijon, Spain.
The arrival means Spain is now the third country after Russia and India with a fleet of 100 or more Liebherr Mobile harbour cranes.
The crane is the latest technical development stage in the Liebherr Mobile Harbour Crane program was greeted during a ceremony in Gijon.
Its means that Liebherr is now able to support 100 customers in Span with its mobile harbour crane technology, and it anticipates more will follow.
Andreas Muller, Sales Director, Liebherr Mobile Harbour Cranes commented: “We at Liebherr maritime cranes are very proud to have achieved a market share of more than 55%.
“This great trust of our customers in us and our products and services shows that the Liebherr company philosophy is also lived in Spain.”
Liebherr has had a presence in Spain since 1992, when it delivered its first mobile harbour crane – the LHM 1300 – which remains in operation today.
- Savannah receives mobile harbour cranes as part of terminal expansion
- Yang Ming reaches emission reduction target 11 years ahead of schedule
- HMM unveils HMM Hamburg as part of mega-ship roll out
- New Zealand to build new inland port as part of post-pandemic upgrade
- IMO steps up campaign to solve crew crisis