Liebherr, experts in crane technology, has handed over its 100th mobile harbour crane, a new LHM 600, to the Spanish stevedore company Maritima Del Principado in Gijon, Spain.
The arrival means Spain is now the third country after Russia and India with a fleet of 100 or more Liebherr Mobile harbour cranes.
The crane is the latest technical development stage in the Liebherr Mobile Harbour Crane program was greeted during a ceremony in Gijon.
Its means that Liebherr is now able to support 100 customers in Span with its mobile harbour crane technology, and it anticipates more will follow.
Andreas Muller, Sales Director, Liebherr Mobile Harbour Cranes commented: “We at Liebherr maritime cranes are very proud to have achieved a market share of more than 55%.
“This great trust of our customers in us and our products and services shows that the Liebherr company philosophy is also lived in Spain.”
Liebherr has had a presence in Spain since 1992, when it delivered its first mobile harbour crane – the LHM 1300 – which remains in operation today.
- Gothenburg Port Authority CEO to leave role
- Husky Terminal becomes new corporate member of ICHCA
- TotalEnergies Marine Fuels, Hapag-Lloyd initiate first biofuel bunker delivery in Singapore
- APM Terminals Gothenburg introduces electric-truck priority solution
- MAWANI inks $9 million deal for logistics centre at King Abdulaziz Port