Konecranes have announced that Minna Aila has been appointed Executive Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Affairs and Member of the Group Executive Board.
In her new role, which will commence on September 1, 2018, Aila will be responsible for marketing, communications, corporate responsibility, government relations and safety.
Aila previously served as Vice President of global mobile communications technology company Nokia — prior to which she held various senior management positions in marketing, communications and corporate affairs at Outotec, Federation of Finnish Financial Services and Elcoteq SE.
Current Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Affairs, Mikael Wegmüller, will assume new responsibilities within the company as Managing Director of Konecranes France.
Read Konecranes technical paper on their revolutionary STS concept — “Next-Gen STS Cranes: A Model for the Future”
President and CEO of Konecranes, Panu Routila, commented: “Minna Aila is a strong and visionary leader with extensive experience ranging from external and internal communications to marketing, government relations and corporate responsibility.
“I am delighted to welcome Minna to Konecranes during this time of integration.
“With a background in global manufacturing and technology industries, including change communications and marketing transformation, Minna brings an ideal combination of skills and experience to the daily work of our Group Executive Board.
“At the same time, I want to express my sincere thanks to Mikael for his outstanding career so far at Konecranes and wish him the best of success in his new role.”
As of September 1, 2018, the Group Executive Board will consist of the following members:
- Panu Routila, President and CEO
- Teo Ottola, CFO, Deputy CEO
- Fabio Fiorino, Executive Vice President, Business Area Service
- Mikko Uhari, Executive Vice President, Business Area Industrial Equipment
- Mika Mahlberg, Executive Vice President, Business Area Port Solutions
- Juha Pankakoski, Executive Vice President, Technologies
- Minna Aila, Executive Vice President, Marketing and Corporate Affairs
- Timo Leskinen, Senior Vice President, Human Resources
- Sirpa Poitsalo, Senior Vice President, General Counsel