Hyster Company has announced new high-capacity forklift models with factory integrated lithium-ion power, known as the J230-360XD and J360XD36-48 in the Americas, and the J10-18XD in Europe, Middle East, and Africa and Asia-Pacific.
All models feature 350-volt lithium-ion battery power that delivers performance comparable to traditional diesel power in 23,000- to 36,000-pound (10-18 tonne) load capacities, helping heavy-duty applications achieve emissions goals without compromising performance.
The high-performance trucks deliver advantages to heavy-duty industries like steel, concrete, lumber, agriculture and ports more easily transition to clean power.
Hyster said benefits of the new forklifts include:
- Exceptional performance and visibility enable operators to use equipment just as they would traditional diesel-powered trucks
- Convenient opportunity charging and capacity for over 275 kWh of on-board energy storage for extended run-time between charges
- Fast charging speed requires as little as 11 minutes of plug-in time for up to an hour’s worth of truck use
- No need to maintain, swap out batteries or designate valuable operational space to do so.
- Emission-free operation helps businesses achieve sustainability targets, take advantage of financial incentives and comply with regulations
The trucks also include battery monitoring systems to help control under and over-charging.
Jan-Willem van den Brand, Director Global Market Development for Big Trucks, Hyster Company, said, “High-capacity lift trucks have historically depended on internal combustion engines, but with 350V lithium-ion power, going electric does not mean sacrificing performance or operational efficiency.
“These new models exemplify clean power that means business, helping the bottom line with a lower total cost of ownership and delivering on the job site with long-term value, performance and sustainability.”
Hyster helps customers make the most of their investment in electrification, not only by providing cutting-edge integrated lithium-ion trucks, but also through a best-fit charging strategy to meet unique operational requirements.
This total package of technology and charging strategy can enable 24/7 operation for most heavy-duty applications.
For example, higher-capacity battery packs can extend run-time between charges, while strategically located charging infrastructure can make the best use of opportunity charging between shifts or during breaks.
The high-capacity lithium-ion powered trucks draw on lessons learned through Hyster’s decades of experience with electric lift trucks to provide a trusted choice for heavy-duty operations.
To stand up to intensive applications and prevent overheating, a high-voltage, low-current system incorporates water-cooled motors and drive controllers, helping to greatly reduce heat development.