Haifa Port $1 billion privatisation finalised

Haifa Port $1 billion privatisation finalised

Israel’s Finance Ministry has announced the successful full privatisation of Haifa Port.

A joint venture of Indian giant Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited (APSEZ) and Israeli company Gadot Chemical Terminals completed the purchase for 4 billion shekels ($1.15 billion).

Previously state-owned, the port is located in Northern Israel and it is the largest of the country’s three major international seaports.

Israel first announced the winning bidders for the in last July 2022.

Adani Ports will have a 70 per cent stake and Gadot will hold the remaining 30 per cent.

The process of the sale of Haifa Port has spanned five years.

The privatisation is part of an initiative aimed at increasing competition, boosting services, supporting importers, and reducing the cost of living.

Last year, Adani received approvals from NCLT Ahmedabad and NCLT Hyderabad for acquiring the remaining 58.1 per cent stake in Gangavaram Port Limited (GPL).

With this stake purchase, GPL will become a 100 per cent subsidiary of Adani.

Daily Email Newsletter

Sign up to our daily email newsletter to receive the latest news from Port Technology International.

Supplier Directory

Be listed with industry leaders operating within Ports and Terminals

Webinar Series

Join 500+ attendees on average with a Port Technology International webinar

Latest Stories

Cookie Policy. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.