Skip to content

Sign up to the Port Tech Daily News for free to keep up to date with the latest industry news

Beirut container terminal suffers only minor damage

Beirut-e1597161803968-640x400-1
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email

Hapag-Lloyd is the first shipping line to confirm that it will reinstate its services to the Port of Beirut as damage to the container terminal is said to be only minor.

This follows the explosion on 4 August, 2020, which destroyed much of the Port area.

Hapag-Lloyd said the first vessel on its Levante Express (LEX) Service to call Beirut will be Mona Lisa (voyage 2031W), on August 14, 2020, and will also deliver import cargo from Fleur N (Voyage 2030W), that omitted Beirut call and discharged it in Damietta.

East Med Express (EME) Service will also reinstate the call, with CMA CGM Musset (voyage 031S / 033N) as the first vessel on August 15, 2020.

Alongside its service reinstatement, Hapag-Lloyd is also reopening booking acceptance for cargo to and from Beirut.

The company notes that it is still evaluating the extent of the damage to its containers that were present at the port during the blast.

Hapag-Lloyd also confirmed that its offices at the Port had been completely destroyed.

Want to stay up to date with the latest industry news? Sign up to the Port Tech Daily News and receive stories like this directly to your inbox for free.

Latest Journal

Cookie Policy. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.