Adani Ports, Gadot win tender in $1.2 billion Haifa port deal

View of the Haifa Bay and surrounding area including the new harbor area, the many ships waiting to get into the harbor and buildings of Haifa, Israel.

Israeli firm Gadot and India’s Adani Ports have won the tender for the sale of Haifa port.

Announced by Israel’s Finance Ministry and reported by Reuters, the Ministry promised the deal will lower costs for consumers.

The group will buy the port for a sum of 4.1 billion shekels ($1.18 billion), the Ministry noted.

Adani Ports will have a 70 per cent stake and Gadot will hold the remaining 30 per cent, the Indian company said.

READ: Israel readies for mega-vessels as Haifa Bay Port officially opened

Adani and Gadot were one of three groups to reach the final stage in the government tender.

Haifa port is the largest of Israel’s three major international seaports.

In September 2021 Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ) took over Gangavaram Port (GPL).

Daily Email Newsletter

Sign up to our daily email newsletter to receive the latest news from Port Technology International.

Supplier Directory

Find out how to get listed

Webinar Series

Find out how to attend

Latest Stories

Cookie Policy. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.