UK Ports Conference 2017
The future for UK ports: The implications of Brexit, delivering new infrastructure and responding to changing trends and shipping patterns
Discount Code: 323PTECH (10% discount)
Benefits of attending include:
- Receive the latest policy updates and explore the impact of potential changes
- Consider the possible implications of Brexit for ports and how you can plan accordingly
- Explore how congestion at ports can be eased with the development of better road and rail links
- Hear detailed case studies on how to deliver both new and improved port infrastructure
- Make sure you are up-to-date on the latest shipping trends and how these could impact on plans and infrastructure
- Hear updates from ports on their current work and planned development
- Find out more about the development of port master plans
- Receive the latest information on changing and emerging markets and the available commercial opportunities for ports
- Network with over 150 senior attendees from the ports and shipping sectors
The UK Ports Conference returns for the ninth year to provide the latest insights for the ports, shipping and maritime sectors, reviewing the biggest challenges currently facing ports and the opportunities available for port development to help shape plans for the coming years.
This year’s event takes place over two separately bookable days:
Day 1 features the latest updates on policy issues, exploring the current trends and outlook for shipping in the short and long term. Discuss the possible implications of Brexit and how ports can prepare for these, explore how to improve hinterland connections with new road and rail links, and consider infrastructure issues on national and regional levels.
Day 2 will examine the opportunities for port development, reviewing different markets and the emerging opportunities and how infrastructure can be developed to support these. Review how to develop flexible port master plans, speed up planning processes and explore the ongoing issues linked to larger container ships and changing shipping alliances, reviewing the operational and infrastructure impacts. Attend to hear the latest market insight on emerging opportunities supporting different types of projects, including offshore wind, oil, and gas, and explore the development of ferry and cruise terminals.
September 26-28, 2017 Dusit Thani Hotel, Dubai, UAE
29 September 2017 London, UK at the Sheraton Grand Park Lane Hotel
October 2-4, 2017 Hotel Santa Catalina, Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
October 16-17, 2017 Barcelona, Spain
October 18-19, 2017 Eastwood Hall, Nottingham, UK