European Environmental Ports Conference 2017
ACI’s European Environmental Ports Conference 2017 is taking place on the 7th & 8th June in Antwerp, Belgium and will bring together senior representatives from the global port community and shipping companies, as well as environmental policy-makers, academic experts, consultants, and technology providers.
Given the increasing focus on environmental regulations from the IMO and policy makers in the maritime sector, there is a growing responsibility and requirement for ports to reduce their environmental impact. It is an important time to share best practices, and explore new technologies and methodologies in order to advance port operations with minimal ecological consequences.
The two-day event will feature informative presentations on the very latest challenges, solutions and developments in reducing emissions, pollution and energy consumption, as well as engaging discussion around the exciting potential of co-operation and symbiosis for a greener future.
Confirmed Topics for Discussion:
- Developing environmental practices to comply with changing legislation, including designation of the North Sea and Baltic Sea as a NECA.
- Reducing air emissions, including through use of LNG and other eco-friendly fuels
- Safe and cost-effective disposal of waste, dredging materials, contaminated soil and sediments.
- Technical solutions to reduce energy consumption and speed the transition to clean energy.
- Reducing the port’s impact on local communities and wildlife—mitigating nuisance from noise, dust, and odour.
- Integrating ports and cities and moving towards a circular economy though industrial symbiosis.
- Efficient use of on-shore vehicles, rail and other inland transport to reduce traffic through city centres and resultant air emissions.
- Gathering ports & shipowners to exchange best practices and discuss shared compliance with environmental regulations.
- Managing the impact of human behaviour on the environment within the port.
- The non-European perspective: case studies from ports in America and Asia.
- Reducing water consumption, improving water quality and minimising pollution—including compliance with the IMO Ballast Water Convention.
Who Will Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from: Ports, Port Authorities, Terminal Operators, Shipping Companies, Logistics Companies, Shipowners, Environmental Technology and Service Providers
Job roles include: Environmental Managers and Planners, Harbour Masters, Logistics Managers, Energy Managers, Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Executives
Registration & Information
Register your participation before 28th April and receive a 15% discount on your registration. For further information and to register to the event please contact Cheryl Williams on +44 (0) 203 141 0623 or email email@example.com and quote MEPMKT.
Further details: http://www.wplgroup.com/aci/event/environmental-ports-conference/
21 - 28 April 2018 Singapore
3 - 4 May 2018 Olympia, London
March 14-15, 2018 Grange City Hotel, London
17/04.2018 Charleston, South Carolina, United States